Interceptor plus protocol

ss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Preparing for my first treatment of Interceptor plus. I have the medication on hand, looking to treat a 400 gallon system for red bugs.

What do I need to remove, only crabs and snails?

Is it OK to keep sea anemones and zoanthids in the system?

As this medication contains praziquantel, how do wrasses fair with this treatment?

I have at one point seen flatworms of some type, likely Planaria, will the interceptor treatment wipe them out?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preparing for my first treatment of Interceptor plus. I have the medication on hand, looking to treat a 400 gallon system for red bugs.

What do I need to remove, only crabs and snails?

Is it OK to keep sea anemones and zoanthids in the system?

As this medication contains praziquantel, how do wrasses fair with this treatment?

I have at one point seen flatworms of some type, likely Planaria, will the interceptor treatment wipe them out?
Move shrimp if you have them. If you can't catch them, they will eventually die. You might be able to catch them once the treatment is in and hopefully in time to save them. I could not catch mine before, but they were stunned within an hour so I was able to net them. One survived.

IDK about effects on planaria, sorry.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Remove crabs and shrimp if you want them to survive. Snails, anemone, zoanthids (all coral and fish) will be fine. Wrasse will be good.

I personally do 6x treatment for 24-48 hours. Turn off Carbon, UV. Pull your air intake to your skimmer.
My corals love a nice interceptor bath. Good luck.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your intercetor ? Can’t seem to find them without note for dog

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your intercetor ? Can’t seem to find them without note for dog
Hopefully someone around here can help you find something from Canada. If not, hit me up. I have a guy (literally a fish veterinarian) but he charges $ for the consult. All in I think it was $300 for my 400g system. Good guy. Just not cheap.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please elaborate. Basically turn the skimmer into a water column without air?

normally I remove the skimmer collection cup with praziquantel, increased oxygenation is recommended with this.
Yes if you pull the air Venturi it will just be a water column. I think they recommend this so the medication soaks your entire skimmer body. Instead of just bubbles.

OP
OP
S

ss88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very sorry but the Vet I had is no longer at that clinic. Thus I don't have a contact at the moment. Search "Exotic Animal Vet". Send them these links.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back