OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I have a question - why you not test with a fish - scooter blennies and som smaller wrasses are bug eaters out of this world

Sincerely Lasse
I like that idea and I do need more fish. However I already have a blenny and I don’t want them to fight.
The main reason I’m using medication is because it’s a definite route vs a fish picking at them here and there

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very pleasant fish in every aquarium is a scooter blenny. And they are masters of eating bugs. I have had aquariums with one type of red bugs (not sure its the same) in millions - one scooter blenny did the work. Scooter blennies is normally not very aggresive and other blennies seems to tolerate them.

Sincerely Lasse

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok sounds good. so lemme break this down for ya and let me know if it sounds good or not

i have a 75 gallon reef tank

if 23MG treats 400 gallons then that's 0.0575MG per gallon.

my tank is 75 gallons which is a total dose of 4.31MG so now we must compound the medication into 250ML of tank water.

were going to take half of one pill which is 11.5MG and crush to powder and add it to the 250ML of water

that makes 0.046MG per 1ML.

if i dose 10ML that is 4.60MG dose for 1 treatment. (i rounded up to 4.60 for good measure :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:) the normal dose would be 4.31 but lil extra wont hurt

sound good?? then ill do the 4.60 3 times in a week for 3 weeks

ill have to measure the amount because the medication goes innert if you leave it in water for more than 12 hours.. in weight its 0.6 grams for one dose or in the range
Did this work for you? I’m about to dose and nervous of nuking my tank from the wrong dose and from my bristleworm die off (I have a masssssive population of them). Any other complications?

And what dosage did you do, the 4.6? I’m confused by vetteguys says “25mg per 10gals of water” - wouldn’t that mean essentially 1 pill/ 10 gallon? But the other links said 23mg / 400 gallon?

I have a 50gal so how would I calculate my dose?

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this work for you? I’m about to dose and nervous of nuking my tank from the wrong dose and from my bristleworm die off (I have a masssssive population of them). Any other complications?

And what dosage did you do, the 4.6? I’m confused by vetteguys says “25mg per 10gals of water” - wouldn’t that mean essentially 1 pill/ 10 gallon? But the other links said 23mg / 400 gallon?

I have a 50gal so how would I calculate my dose?
Your calculated dose for 50 gallons is 3.0mg

You have to do what I said take earlier.
“were going to take half of one pill which is 11.5MG and crush to powder and add it to the 250ML of water”

that makes 0.046MG per 1ML.
3 times in a week for 3 weeks

You can use less water to save more of the pill if you cut it to quarters

To be honest mix 100ML lil over a quarter of a red solo cup mix a quarter pill and do 10-20 ML 3 times a week for 3 weeks

After the pill touches water you can’t save it so you have to use whatever you mix with water and toss out the rest

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your calculated dose for 50 gallons is 3.0mg

You have to do what I said take earlier.

You can use less water to save more of the pill if you cut it to quarters

To be honest mix 100ML lil over a quarter of a red solo cup mix a quarter pill and do 10-20 ML 3 times a week for 3 weeks

After the pill touches water you can’t save it so you have to use whatever you mix with water and toss out the rest

Sorry, for some reason I cannot wrap my head around this process. Maybe I can break it down in how I think your saying it:

1) my goal is to dose 3.0 mg (per dose or total?) based on my 50gal system volume and your equation above.

2) I take my 11.5mg Interceptor Pill (my dog is medium so doesn’t have the large pills) and crush it up into powder

3) since you took a quarter of a pill (~ 6mg) and mixed it in 100mL of water, I could take 1/2 a pill (in my case, ~6mg because my pills total are only 11.5 vs yours were 23mg) and mix it with 100mL of water. This should give me the same concentration.

4) then I take 20mL of this solution and dose it to the tank. The remaining 80mL of the solution has to be discarded because it’s been in water and will degrade.

5) I repeat the above steps 3x a week for 3 weeks

Did I understand that correctly?

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, for some reason I cannot wrap my head around this process. Maybe I can break it down in how I think your saying it:

1) my goal is to dose 3.0 mg (per dose or total?) based on my 50gal system volume and your equation above.

2) I take my 11.5mg Interceptor Pill (my dog is medium so doesn’t have the large pills) and crush it up into powder

3) since you took a quarter of a pill (~ 6mg) and mixed it in 100mL of water, I could take 1/2 a pill (in my case, ~6mg because my pills total are only 11.5 vs yours were 23mg) and mix it with 100mL of water. This should give me the same concentration.

4) then I take 20mL of this solution and dose it to the tank. The remaining 80mL of the solution has to be discarded because it’s been in water and will degrade.

5) I repeat the above steps 3x a week for 3 weeks

Did I understand that correctly?
Yes correct to all of those. So half pill 3mg is your dose. Once you mix it you can’t save it for later so just know that you might have to waste some.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back