Interesting article about Octopuses

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Interesting indeed!

I'm on record previously suggesting that if Octopuses could read and write, and record their thoughts for their future generations, we'd all be speaking Greek right now 🤣

I've had an interest in keeping Octopuses since I was a kid, and the more I learn about them, the less I'm sure I want to keep one in a home aquarium.

That said, I know many have done so, and I believe @Üter had one for some time that would literally watch TV 🙂

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're going to keep one, I would not underestimate its intelligence, or its need to exercise that intellect.
 
Here's just a couple more documentaries about how smart these animals are:


 
@Dom I know this goes against the strictly scientific, which I know you greatly value, but I would please like to add this to your thread:

There was a really great movie on Netflix recently called, "Remarkably Bright Creatures" featuring actress Sally Field, and a fictional octopus named "Marcellus". This movie is worth a watch for anyone who appreciates the intelligence of Octopods, and the brilliance of a 70 year old Sally Field 🙂

 
Interesting indeed!

I'm on record previously suggesting that if Octopuses could read and write, and record their thoughts for their future generations, we'd all be speaking Greek right now 🤣

I've had an interest in keeping Octopuses since I was a kid, and the more I learn about them, the less I'm sure I want to keep one in a home aquarium.

That said, I know many have done so, and I believe @Üter had one for some time that would literally watch TV 🙂

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're going to keep one, I would not underestimate its intelligence, or its need to exercise that intellect.
Yeah, my wife would stay up later than the rest of us and the octopus would come to that side of the tank and stare at the TV. It was very playful and hands on. Never tried to get out. Always liked to pull me into the tank with her.
 
Yeah, my wife would stay up later than the rest of us and the octopus would come to that side of the tank and stare at the TV. It was very playful and hands on. Never tried to get out. Always liked to pull me into the tank with her.
Thanks for replying, I remember some of your other posts, and it's good to hear from someone that kept an octopus responsibly 🙂
 
@Dom I know this goes against the strictly scientific, which I know you greatly value, but I would please like to add this to your thread:

There was a really great movie on Netflix recently called, "Remarkably Bright Creatures" featuring actress Sally Field, and a fictional octopus named "Marcellus". This movie is worth a watch for anyone who appreciates the intelligence of Octopods, and the brilliance of a 70 year old Sally Field 🙂


I had a lot of our family watch that movie, and they all said it was incredible! I still need to go back and watch that
 
I had a lot of our family watch that movie, and they all said it was incredible! I still need to go back and watch that
Yes, this is a very good watch 🙂
 
@Dom I know this goes against the strictly scientific, which I know you greatly value, but I would please like to add this to your thread:

There was a really great movie on Netflix recently called, "Remarkably Bright Creatures" featuring actress Sally Field, and a fictional octopus named "Marcellus". This movie is worth a watch for anyone who appreciates the intelligence of Octopods, and the brilliance of a 70 year old Sally Field 🙂


Thank you for sharing; I'll be sure to watch!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new