Interesting article

  • Thread starter Thread starter kschweer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kschweer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
12,211
Reaction score
29,293
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... Interesting article.

A few comments:

First of all, 3 inches per year is pretty bad... what on earth are they using over there?! LOL

Seems kinda odd that they say removing specimens from water cuts survival rates in smaller peices. I see one inch frags all of the place that were glued out of water that grow into colonies.

:baffle:
 
Wow they must suck at growing corals. Lol. I do better than that an I'm no where near a pro or a scientist.

On s side note, i wish my lfs had an sps sale tank like that first pic.
 
I found it interesting because I have both bought and made smaller frags with pretty good success. I also usually glue out of the water again with pretty good success. It just kind of made me think of ways I can help ensure healthy frags. I'm still trying to refine my fragging procedure and would be interested in things others have done to ensure success.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new