Interesting difference in blasto polyp size

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,783
Reaction score
33,788
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this tonight as I was looking things over. These are 2 frags from the same mother placed on plugs at the same time then placed on a flat peice of rock and have lived next to each other since. They have been together for about a year. I just found it interesting that the one has developed more small heads and the other fewer but larger heads even tho they have been under identical conditions. 20220903_211330.jpg . I think since I just now noticed this maybe I should spend more time viewing my tanks and less time on here viewing threads :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
Looks like the one on the left is putting more energy into multiplying heads and the other is just pending it’s energy growing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new