Interesting 'New' LED Light

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since one shouldn't ***-u-me.. what were your channels set at?

This is the spectrum that looks good to me, and reminds me the most of my T5s. I get crisp reds, blues, and greens. I know another guy that doesn't use the amber channel at all, just the Lime and the whites for color.

Cool white: 29%
Warm white: 19%
Amber: 28%
Lime: 28%
Blue: 100%
Royal blue: 100%
Violet: 100%
420 nm UV: 31%
400 nm UV: 31%

This is only 139 Watts, and I have a ways to go with the two UV channels. I am a bit paranoid about stressing my corals, so I am easing them into the UV.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my frag tank with these lights to give you a sense of the kind of color you get from the full spectrum they have. These are iPhone pictures I just took without any type of filter or white balance.
Sorry that my glass is so dirty!

I don't have any issues with shading under these lights. They have a lot of diodes, plus the reflectors do a good job of blending, which helps with this too.

9cy7l2Q.jpg

Andy, your frag tank is looking pretty crowded...I could help alleviate that problem...:cool:

optimusprime3605

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a demo of these lights this last weekend and was very impressed, the quality of the build is much better than I have seen on other lights and Daniel has put a lot of time and thought into them. They are definitely very nice setup.
You guys forgot about the 'lightning' mode...lol

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys forgot about the 'lightning' mode...lol
Yes, there is a 'lightning mode', 'cloud mode' and 'moonlight.' Of all those, the moonlight mode is probably of most utility - less than 1 micromole/m2/sec, just as it should be.

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there is a 'lightning mode', 'cloud mode' and 'moonlight.' Of all those, the moonlight mode is probably of most utility - less than 1 micromole/m2/sec, just as it should be.
I think he was referring when you put it on lightning mode it plays thunder sounds from the app.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought bluefish does that also.

LOL, maybe that's where he got the idea. Optimusprime3605 was the first person to get one of these lights, and his first request to Daniel was for a lightening mode with thunder! It's cool, but I think it would give my fish a heart attack. :cool:

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, maybe that's where he got the idea. Optimusprime3605 was the first person to get one of these lights, and his first request to Daniel was for a lightening mode with thunder! It's cool, but I think it would give my fish a heart attack. :cool:

optimusprime3605

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andy, your frag tank is looking pretty crowded...I could help alleviate that problem...:cool:
I'm kinda in the same boat as Andy. Frag tanks never have enough room, lol

IMG_20190828_195734.jpg

IMG_20190828_200008.jpg

BTW, frag tanks are lit with Reefi's first gen pendants! Yes, they grow corals, as well.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I cancel my order of 2 Orphek Atlantic V4 Gen 2 for these? they are going over my 210. the specs and form look Great and Price is Good.

I just replaced my two Radion XR30w Pro G4's with ReeFi. I can't speak for Orphek, but can say the ReeFi's are on par with top-tier LED brands.

OP
OP
Dana Riddle

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I cancel my order of 2 Orphek Atlantic V4 Gen 2 for these? they are going over my 210. the specs and form look Great and Price is Good.
I would have to test these fixtures under exacting conditions. I'm impressed with both. I would have to look at PPFD values at various depths, spectral characteristics and rates of photosynthesis under various spectra. Needless to say, this can't possibly happen in just a few weeks. Many hobbyists have had successes with both brands. Wish I had a definitive answer.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to test these fixtures under exacting conditions. I'm impressed with both. I would have to look at PPFD values at various depths, spectral characteristics and rates of photosynthesis under various spectra. Needless to say, this can't possibly happen in just a few weeks. Many hobbyists have had successes with both brands. Wish I had a definitive answer.

For YOU to be impressed with this ReeFi light is all that I needed to risk it and jump ship.

Thanks for the unbiased reviews that you do!

Now we need a software engineer to review the microprocessors and all. I’m pretty impressed that the dude designed Intel chips for a living before this...

Back