Interesting SHRIMP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grissino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I love Shrimp. Currently have 2 Cleaners and Fire on standard 29g with lots of hiding spots and thinking to add Coral Banded shrimp but I am not sure if it is a good idea since it is not a Reef safe/ w/caution.
 
I love Shrimp. Currently have 2 Cleaners and Fire on standard 29g with lots of hiding spots and thinking to add Coral Banded shrimp but I am not sure if it is a good idea since it is not a Reef safe/ w/caution.

those are all pretty large shrimp for a 29g!
 
How do you feed them star fish? Like can you buy starfish as feeder food?

yes, there is an LFS around me (and my job during the school year) that sells astrinas $5/12. also chocolate chip star fish are extremely easy to find.

I was very lucky and ended up training mine on frozen legs, so that's an easier option if you have the determination to do that. then you can go buy a couple and stick them in the freezer and break of a leg every other week.
 
Last edited:
I feed mine one chocolate chip leg per week. I keep numerous CC stars in my sump and cut them from there. I then give that guy time to begin regeneration before cutting another from him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new