Internal Issues

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the kanaplex or the furan 2 but I have Aqua Pro-Cure that has Acriflavine, Formalin and Aminoacridine as active ingredients. Do I run carbon first before adding any other meds?

Mundeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question about dosing API's GC in the food, with Focus, they sell GC in little packets, 10 to a box.... Do i need to use a whole packet per feeding? If so it seems like one box isn't enough...

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question about dosing API's GC in the food, with Focus, they sell GC in little packets, 10 to a box.... Do i need to use a whole packet per feeding? If so it seems like one box isn't enough...

No, no, no! Don't do that! Wait until Humblefish gets back. A full packet is wayyy too much.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the kanaplex or the furan 2 but I have Aqua Pro-Cure that has Acriflavine, Formalin and Aminoacridine as active ingredients. Do I run carbon first before adding any other meds?

Yes, I would remove CP before dosing more meds.

No, you would just want to sprinkle a little bit over the food and then mix it in. It doesn't take much medication to get the job done when food soaking.

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pics of kole tang @melypr1985.

IMG_20170308_120414.jpg

IMG_20170308_120603.jpg

IMG_20170308_120603.jpg

IMG_20170308_120627.jpg

IMG_20170308_120627.jpg

IMG_20170308_120641.jpg

IMG_20170308_120641.jpg

IMG_20170308_120701.jpg

IMG_20170308_120701.jpg

IMG_20170308_120709.jpg

IMG_20170308_120709.jpg

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Aqua Pro- Cure with the ingredients I mentioned earlier, and the GC, that I already have on hand, would not work? Not trying to skirt around the issue. This is a high school tank and everything is a budget issue. Somethings I have and will continue to purchase out of pocket. If those are not usable where I get the kanaplex, furan 2 and metroplex.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Aqua Pro- Cure with the ingredients I mentioned earlier, and the GC, that I already have on hand, would not work? Not trying to skirt around the issue. This is a high school tank and everything is a budget issue. Somethings I have and will continue to purchase out of pocket. If those are not usable where I get the kanaplex, furan 2 and metroplex.

The acriflavine & aminoacridine components are both antiseptic agents, so that might help. However IME, when a fish has that bad of an infection proper antibiotics are usually required to get the job done. An antiseptic is more likely to just prevent the infection from spreading.

atp0726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orange back fairy wrasse in QT and noticed white poop that seemed slightly stringy a few weeks ago. I started giving him some metro soaked mysis with binder I had in the freezer from tx other fish a few months prior. During feeding tonight I noticed some of the poop is still white while some is starting to look normal. Should I keep treating with the metro or try a different med or is white ok and stringy/white is more cause for concern?

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During feeding tonight I noticed some of the poop is still white while some is starting to look normal. Should I keep treating with the metro or try a different med or is white ok and stringy/white is more cause for concern?

The "normal" mixed in with white stringy poop is a sign that the intestinal worm population in his gut is decreasing. So, stay the course until all you see is normal poop. :)

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing the first two rounds of dosing Furan-2 and then the 30% w/c, the instructions says repeat treatment. Do I put in the original amount of Furan-2 or the amount of the w/c? Is it the same for Kanaplex and Metroplex?

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like an infection on the Kole tang. I would treat with kanaplex, furan 2 and metroplex at the same time.

After doing the first two rounds of dosing Furan-2 and then the 30% w/c, the instructions says repeat treatment. Do I put in the original amount of Furan-2 or the amount of the w/c? Is it the same for Kanaplex and Metroplex?

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just finished giving the third dosage of Furan-2, Metroplex and Kanaplex. Instruction on Kanaplex reads a maximum of 3 doses. Do I continue dosing with the Furan-2 and Metroplex? All fish are looking and swimming better and even eating frozen food. Tangs are eating that and nori. Especially the Kole tang that I pictured earlier in this thread. His color is not completely back to normal but is not so reclusive as before. @melypr1985 , @Humblefish

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just finished giving the third dosage of Furan-2, Metroplex and Kanaplex. Instruction on Kanaplex reads a maximum of 3 doses. Do I continue dosing with the Furan-2 and Metroplex? All fish are looking and swimming better and even eating frozen food. Tangs are eating that and nori. Especially the Kole tang that I pictured earlier in this thread. His color is not completely back to normal but is not so reclusive as before. @melypr1985 , @Humblefish

No. Continue on with all three for the full ten days. If you stop too early, the infection can come back with a vengeance.

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beside the three fish meds that I'm using now, Kanaplex, Metroplex, and Furan-2. Are there any other meds that I should have on hand?

Back