Intro 75gallon reef

TheMachinistReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
27
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Im a loooong time lurker and wanted to say thanks to all the posts that have guided me over the years.

Ive had tanks since I could remember. Little back story: about 8 years ago I had a 40 gallon breeder mixed reef that was really successful and I was happy with. Went on vacation, had someone watch the tank. Came back everything was dead. $1000s down the drain, so I stepped away. Then my first son was born and the spark was back. Him and I started a little 10gallon mixed reef. I gave it no time or money. I figured it was just a phase. He just wanted "Nemo" so that's what we did. This tank, some how, lasted 2 years with little to no maintenance. Then my son, who is now 6, asked for more fish. So my wife bought a 75 gallon tank for my birthday. This is my largest tank to date and the most fun. Its overcome many obstacles in its 3-4 months of life. From dinos to some euphyllia white bugs. All thanks to you guys.

20251212_181910.jpg 20251031_160954.jpg 20251031_160954.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, the greatest community out of water!

Nice to have you as a member and great looking tank!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new