Intro Thread, and a picture of my old tank for inspiration to myself

Frantz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FS-Tank.jpg

So this tank was torn down in 2012 when I moved from Atlanta to Pennsylvania. I kept some of the frags and some are still with me today, but the current tank has been in a bit of limbo with funding going to other projects. But I decided to reinvest and get back to this point and beyond!

My current tank is a 90g with two cinnamon clowns and softies and a few pieces of LPS. Lighting is a T5 mix with some cheap LED strips... things live but have not thrived, and better lighting is my biggest need once the economy gets back going here. I did decided to upgrade my sump to under tank down to the basement. This was also virus inspired because I made an office in my fish room and wanted a little less noise. So I got a 40 gallon and 100 gallon tub set up, 40 for skimmer, chiller (farmhouse, no ac, just box AC units, so chiller is very much needed), and stuff and the 100 to cure live rock for other tanks and a refugium. The two clownfish has been by design. I had a lawnmower blenny but he jumped, and never wanted a heavy fish load to keep water changes down. But I'm thinking the coral really would like more dirty water than what I have for food. And with the sump in the basement, which has a drain and sink and my RODI system, I think maintenance will be pretty easy with the new setup... now for some lights....

I live in Lewisberry Pa on my wife's family farm and do some farming myself. My day job though is selling Volvo cars at the local dealer.

Figured this was a good place to post an intro! Not where I am, but where I've been,so I know I can do it again.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back