Introducing clown fish with other clown fish

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

A friend of mine is breaking down his reef tank as he, due to personal commitments don't have the time to look after it anymore.

He's got three beautiful common clown fish that he needs to re-home and have asked me if I want them. They would be introduced into our Cade S2 1500 (5 feet, 143 gallons)

Q: Should I take them?

- I am particularly worried that the two clown fish I have already wont take too well to the 'intrudors'.

Full fish stock (.. and tankmates!):
2 x Ocellaris Clown Fish (Pair)
1 x Timor Wrasse
1 x Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse
1 x Orangeback Fairy Wrasse
1 x Yellow Wrasse
1 x Lawnmower Blenny
1 x One-Spot Foxface Rabbit Fish
1 x Coral Beauty
1 x Royal Gramma
1 x Long Nose Hawk Fish
6 x Carberryi Anthias
2 x Mandarin Goby (Pair)
1 x Copperband Butterfly Fish
1 x Pink Spotted Watchman Goby

Note: A couple of Tangs will be introduced in a month of so as well.

Thanks,

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi Reefers,

A friend of mine is breaking down his reef tank as he, due to personal commitments don't have the time to look after it anymore.

He's got three beautiful common clown fish that he needs to re-home and have asked me if I want them. They would be introduced into our Cade S2 1500 (5 feet, 143 gallons)

Q: Should I take them?

- I am particularly worried that the two clown fish I have already wont take too well to the 'intrudors'.

Full fish stock (.. and tankmates!):
2 x Ocellaris Clown Fish (Pair)
1 x Timor Wrasse
1 x Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse
1 x Orangeback Fairy Wrasse
1 x Yellow Wrasse
1 x Lawnmower Blenny
1 x One-Spot Foxface Rabbit Fish
1 x Coral Beauty
1 x Royal Gramma
1 x Long Nose Hawk Fish
6 x Carberryi Anthias
2 x Mandarin Goby (Pair)
1 x Copperband Butterfly Fish
1 x Pink Spotted Watchman Goby

Note: A couple of Tangs will be introduced in a month of so as well.

Thanks,
Three weeks ago I bought out a system and took the two big percula despite having 8 in there already. I actually rounded up all 8 and placed them in my larger acclimation box for 9 days and released them into tank. The original ones headed for right corner and as of today, theyre all in the Left corner hanging out together

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three weeks ago I bought out a system and took the two big percula despite having 8 in there already. I actually rounded up all 8 and placed them in my larger acclimation box for 9 days and released them into tank. The original ones headed for right corner and as of today, theyre all in the Left corner hanging out together
Noted, thanks! :) I will take that into consideration as well as the fact that (.. as it has been pointed out to me recently!) that my tank is already (more than) well stocked!

Cheers!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Noted, thanks! :) I will take that into consideration as well as the fact that (.. as it has been pointed out to me recently!) that my tank is already (more than) well stocked!

Cheers!
I had to place my tangs in a 135g for a year as I was to be in Florida and Hurricane delayed everything so just moved them into a 400g but they were in with 14 other fish
Water quality management and diet was my ticket

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that’s a lot of fish in that aquarium. A lot can go wrong quickly with an overloaded aquarium. Is there anyway, you could start a Clownfish Aquarium?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow, that’s a lot of fish in that aquarium. A lot can go wrong quickly with an overloaded aquarium. Is there anyway, you could start a Clownfish Aquarium?
Many people start a clown Tank and when i set up my dropoff tank, I began with 12 clowns

dropF.jpg
dropG.jpg

PlainEnvelopes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two clowns in my 65 gallon for about 5 months. The day I upgraded to my 180G and moved all the fish over I also picked up two more clowns. I think by not have established territory's in the new tank allowed them to live together without issue.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back