Introducing multiple Clownfish

BigRedHair92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm to the point that I'm ready for fish in my 180 gallon tank and I was planning on starting with Clownfish. I have 2 that have been in a 40 gallon tank for around a year and a half, but I was hoping to get a couple more for my 180 gallon tank. I know that Clowns can be very territorial, especially with newcomers. With that being said, what are everyone's thoughts about introducing the 2 older clowns I have as well as 2 new ones I buy all at the same time to the 180 gallon. I would buy 2 new ones that are smaller than my current clowns. Thanks!

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best QT the new clowns then add them all at the same time as none have established territories. Although clowns will be clowns and no guarantee all make friends but it's 180 and I'm assuming lots of hiding places.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried so many ways and eventually one pair wins the entire tank. Mine is a 210g 7ft long tank. Can work up to about two years. Then, one pair will win.

I have not done full harems before though. 5 was the most I ever had and they went down to two within 6 months.

OP
OP
B

BigRedHair92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input everyone! I do indeed have a lot of hiding places, as I did one of the HNSA style aquascapes with a lot of caves and overhangs. I think I might pass on adding any more, as the info here lines up well with what I've read everywhere else.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back