Introducing myself /New to Reefing / can't wait to barrage y'all with questions!

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty side of the hobby! Nano tanks need a bit more focus and precision than larger tanks -- more water volume helps dilute mistakes. :) That said, slow, gradual changes tend to be more easily accepted by tank inhabitants than rapid changes.

OP
OP
Mulkxican

Mulkxican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty side of the hobby! Nano tanks need a bit more focus and precision than larger tanks -- more water volume helps dilute mistakes. :) That said, slow, gradual changes tend to be more easily accepted by tank inhabitants than rapid changes.
will do! thanks for the input!

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
Mulkxican

Mulkxican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! For a first reef build - it's looking great!

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com
thanks! i think i'm already going to rescape it now that i understand where and how corals should be mounted its a good scape but not necessarily for covering in corals haha so going to chip away some and probably move it slightly closer to glass possibly and thin out rocks a bit to give some more space on sandbed. move structure back and left and move wave maker to front right corner on side glass pointing up towards return flow and across tank to keep detritus from building too much behind corner structure and give sps "direct" flow from across tank high flow and hopefully brake up flow enough for others on sandbed and on rest of rock structure?

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
thanks! i think i'm already going to rescape it now that i understand where and how corals should be mounted its a good scape but not necessarily for covering in corals haha so going to chip away some and probably move it slightly closer to glass possibly and thin out rocks a bit to give some more space on sandbed. move structure back and left and move wave maker to front right corner on side glass pointing up towards return flow and across tank to keep detritus from building too much behind corner structure and give sps "direct" flow from across tank high flow and hopefully brake up flow enough for others on sandbed and on rest of rock structure?
That sounds like a good idea!!

Back