Introducing the Coral Box QP-PLUS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The QP-Plus is a complete redesign on the Quiet Pump. It includes a brand new and improved controller with 7 modes, including Reverse Mode which allows you to run your pump in reverse for cleaning, and Timer Mode, which allows you to program different modes throughout the day, all from the included controller.

In addition to the new controller, the QP-Plus has a significantly smaller footprint, and it’s innovative corkscrew nozzle creates a more turbulent, dispersed flow. The articulating magnet mount allows for rotation of almost 180 degrees side to side, and can be rotated 360 degrees to direct the pump’s output anywhere you need it!

The Quiet Pump Plus Controller also has built in Master/Slave functionality with sync and anti-sync between pumps and more!

The innovative new controller has both a 10 minute and 20 minute feed time, along with new modes like Nature Mode and Reef Mode, which introduce randomized flow patterns for optimal water movement. Nature mode is more gentle and less variable, while Reef Mode varies more and is more intensive. (see chart for details).

The QP-16 Plus is IN STOCK and Ready to ship! The 9 and 5 will be up for pre order by this weekend, and will be shipping in about 1 week.

Click Here to Order your QP-16 Plus Now!

4.jpg

9.jpg

quiet pump plus.jpg

Frances Hunter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, that’s what was recommended, just making sure I didn’t overlook them on the site.
Are you using these pumps?

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious on the cord length from pump to controller.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious on the cord length from pump to controller.

6' 6" from pump to controller, 5' from the power supply to the controller on the QP-5/9 Plus (~11' 6" total)
6'6" from the pump to the controller, 5' from the power supply to the controller, 5 feet from the power supply to the wall on the QP-16 Plus (~16' 6" total)

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the QP-5 "plus" the newest version of the QP-5?
Would a QP-5 Plus be best for a 65g 3'x18x2'?
I have 2x Jebao SW-4 and they work good. Just I have that I didn't clean for a bit and is stuck on straight flow. Can't use pulse

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the QP-5 "plus" the newest version of the QP-5?
Would a QP-5 Plus be best for a 65g 3'x18x2'?
I have 2x Jebao SW-4 and they work good. Just I have that I didn't clean for a bit and is stuck on straight flow. Can't use pulse

Yup! The Plus version is the newest one. They are more compact and have an updated controller with a built in timer and reverse mode. One of the QP-9 Plus will work, or 2 x QP-5 Plus is a good fit for your tank.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Logan,
can you tell us what thickness of glass the QP9 & QP16 plus can work on. I did not see it on the site.

what would you personally suggest for a 71x26x24 mixed reef but mostly LPS 2x QP9 plus??
the tank in question would be 3/4" glass or 19mm i believe.

cheers

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Logan,
can you tell us what thickness of glass the QP9 & QP16 plus can work on. I did not see it on the site.

what would you personally suggest for a 71x26x24 mixed reef but mostly LPS 2x QP9 plus??
the tank in question would be 3/4" glass or 19mm i believe.

cheers
Save your money.. Worst powerheads I have ever owned. 1 didn't work and the other had nothing plus about it. Watch the video.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save your money.. Worst powerheads I have ever owned. 1 didn't work and the other had nothing plus about it. Watch the video.

I am sorry to hear that! Did you buy these with us?

It sounds like you wanted more flow than your SW-4s, in which case I would suggest exchanging these for the larger QP-9+. We do offer free exchanges when you order with us.

I made my original suggestion assuming you wanted the same amount of flow and were simply looking to replace a pump that was no longer pulsing.

The one pump that is shutting off is defective, in which case a simple controller swap will fix your issues. We have a 12 month USA warranty on these. I don't think you got in touch with us to fix the issue before posting the video, which is unfortunate because they are good pumps and we are here to help with issues like this.

It sounds to me like you simply need a larger pump and a replacement controller. Just email or PM us and we'll take care of it right away.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did some investigating and it looks like you already went with the OW-25. This video is 2 months old. Perhaps you corresponded with us, I am not sure as we deal with a lot of CS and sales inquiries on a daily basis and we don't have your R2R username in our system.

It appears the issue was you needed a larger pump, and not that there was anything wrong with the QP-5+. The defective one was from the very first shipment, and is a simple fix. Some controllers had issues that have long since been fixed with updated controllers.

Exchanging for the QP-9+ would have offered similar results, with the added benefit of a more advanced controller and a USA warranty (if ordered at www.reefbreeders.com or through one of our certified retailers).

Sorry we weren't able to help you out sooner. If there is anything we can do for you just let us know!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah Logon will take care you you.
so for a 71x26x24 2 x QP 9+ sould do the trick eh? i have a pp8 2 years and still going can add to the mix as well.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back