Introducing the Coral Box QP-PLUS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some SW-4s for a few years. Loved them, but over time one of them ended up not being able to pulse, but could run on regular straight stream.
Tried the Coralbox QP-5 PLUS being recommended by Scottie from OSA, because he said they stopped selling Jebao series and went to the Coralbox.
Well the Coralbox is $50 more.
The PLUS design part you can see in the video makes no difference. It has nothing to do with the amount of flow I wanted for the tank. It is a marketing scheme.
One was obviously defective. Making German engineering their sale point is another way of saying let's charge the consumer more money.
The controller was not that great for the hype since you have to spend more for the wifi attachment to use on your phone. So technically you are at $180+ now.
The flow it is rated for is more than the SW-4. When in fact it was less than the SW-4.
My tank had been fine with the SW-4s for a few years.
Like I said.. Save your money. I am not trying to sell you anything. Always keep that in mind as a consumer @Devaji

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah Logon will take care you you.
so for a 71x26x24 2 x QP 9+ sould do the trick eh? i have a pp8 2 years and still going can add to the mix as well.
The 9s might be a bit small. I would suggest 2 of the QP-16+ instead, or 3 of the RP-Ms along the back wall. It's tough with 3/4" glass. I will try to find a 3/4" tank and see if I can do some testing for you with various magnets.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mainly used jebaos for the last few years and I am at 50/50 for them lasting over a year. When my last one died, I picked up a QP-16 and then cleaned my other Jebao and it wouldn’t start back up so I bought another QP-16. They are much quieter and do about the same flow as my pp-15 used to do. Time will tell on their longevity. I always run my wavemakers on else or the equivalent and could care less about an app so...

Mombo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are yall going to make a coralbox verion of the CP-25 or Gyre etc.

azchris10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Is it compatible with:
Battery CoralBox PowerCell for backup Jebao Pump / DC Pump ?
Thanks

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 9s might be a bit small. I would suggest 2 of the QP-16+ instead, or 3 of the RP-Ms along the back wall. It's tough with 3/4" glass. I will try to find a 3/4" tank and see if I can do some testing for you with various magnets.
Did the QP-16 work on the 3/4" thickness?? i have a 1" thickness acrylic and my wave pumps magnets work and i seen a vid of someone comparing these units to the MP40 and i figure if the wav mags work these should on 1" thickness. or maybe you can recommend what to do with a thicker tank for the 16 model. would adding another magnet to the dry side work? ( double up on magnets like ya can with gyre pumps)

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use for 48x19x21 tank?
1xQP16 on the left side
2xQP9 on the back glass

I can run it at 50% power for 50x turnover for mixed reef.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the QP-16 work on the 3/4" thickness?? i have a 1" thickness acrylic and my wave pumps magnets work and i seen a vid of someone comparing these units to the MP40 and i figure if the wav mags work these should on 1" thickness. or maybe you can recommend what to do with a thicker tank for the 16 model. would adding another magnet to the dry side work? ( double up on magnets like ya can with gyre pumps)

Likely too late but I didn't see this thread until now- they don't hold well on 3/4", they hold but not securely enough for us. We advertise up to 5/8"

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use for 48x19x21 tank?
1xQP16 on the left side
2xQP9 on the back glass

I can run it at 50% power for 50x turnover for mixed reef.

I recommend 2 x QP-9, maybe an RPM for the back. I don't recommend the 16 in tanks under 150 gallons, they are super powerful

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the Coral Box DCA and DCP series pumps be run external?
Yes. The DCP pumps are better suited for external use but the DCA will work too. I suggest avoiding strain on the front housing by using a length of vinyl on either side before going to pvc.

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea about frequency settings?

I have two QP9. I want them in Async or reef mode. What is the best setting for frequency? Any exemple?

Thanks

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps. I have two QP9+ and figured out the the one controller is defective. It doesn't run the pump in Asyn mode (F3) and Pulse mode (F2) no matter what... Pump always run, non-stop. Reset doesn't help, same thing in M, S and N mode.

Yeah, chinese quality...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps. I have two QP9+ and figured out the the one controller is defective. It doesn't run the pump in Asyn mode (F3) and Pulse mode (F2) no matter what... Pump always run, non-stop. Reset doesn't help, same thing in M, S and N mode.

Yeah, chinese quality...
Would the one that doesn't stop happen to be purchased more recently than the one that does noticeably pulse?

It's possible you have the newer sine wave version. Those never stop completely in pulse modes, but they do change their output up and down. You may just not notice it as the impeller is still spinning.

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the one that doesn't stop happen to be purchased more recently than the one that does noticeably pulse?

It's possible you have the newer sine wave version. Those never stop completely in pulse modes, but they do change their output up and down. You may just not notice it as the impeller is still spinning.
Old pump (doesn't stop in F2 pulse mode) is: QPS-9.
The newer pump that doest stop in pulse mode is: QP-9.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • None.

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back