OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks amazing. I'm going to buy a Hydros for my WB Infinitia 275 build. Do you have to strip all of your power chords for your wave pumps and everything else and rewire the drive and force connectors yourself? Do the controllers come with these? I'd love more details on your set-up and everything you have connected through the Hydros. It will be my first use of a controller in over 12 years of reefing.

I think you’re making a great decision. Join the Hydros Facebook group and people can help you plan. I did not strip any of the power cables. I’m using Octopulse pumps and they attach to the Wave Engine pigtail adapters. I have leak detectors, temp sensors, level sensors and I run equipment off the xp8. My lights, algae scrubber, return pump and some other things are hooked to the xp8.
69C8AE74-14F4-4F23-B204-09F78662A904.png
929E1C48-D4EF-4C9F-9B4F-694FA68C2D11.png

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I can't wait!

So far I've ordered X4 pro pack with the XP 8 power bar, the ATO kit, an extra water level sensor a leak detector sensor and 1 dosing pump. So with the temp probe that will take up my 4 sense ports.

I went this route to do auto water changes like this:

- Dosing pump & water level sensor to run as ATO with Kalkwasser reservoir (did not want to damage a submersible pump with Kalk)
- ATO pump and water level sensor to drain sump to low water level
- Sicce pump in fresh saltwater reservoir to fill back up to operating water level.
- Leak detector to keep an eye on the entire setup.

I think that should work as a nice start.

Next step is getting an ORP probe to run my ozone generator into my skimmer.

My wave pumps and lights are going to go through the mobius app since my lights are AI and I've got MP40's and MP60's. So I don't think I need the wave engine. I don't mind using two apps as long as I can limit all of my gear to two apps.

This is gonna be fun.

KL

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I can't wait!

So far I've ordered X4 pro pack with the XP 8 power bar, the ATO kit, an extra water level sensor a leak detector sensor and 1 dosing pump. So with the temp probe that will take up my 4 sense ports.

I went this route to do auto water changes like this:

- Dosing pump & water level sensor to run as ATO with Kalkwasser reservoir (did not want to damage a submersible pump with Kalk)
- ATO pump and water level sensor to drain sump to low water level
- Sicce pump in fresh saltwater reservoir to fill back up to operating water level.
- Leak detector to keep an eye on the entire setup.

I think that should work as a nice start.

Next step is getting an ORP probe to run my ozone generator into my skimmer.

My wave pumps and lights are going to go through the mobius app since my lights are AI and I've got MP40's and MP60's. So I don't think I need the wave engine. I don't mind using two apps as long as I can limit all of my gear to two apps.

This is gonna be fun.

KL

Join the FB group.

make a post detailing what you plan on doing so others can check things over.

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Join the FB group.

make a post detailing what you plan on doing so others can check things over.

Yup, just waiting for the admin approval. I've done the research so I'll make sure that the gurus can confirm what I'm working on. Much appreciated

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back