Introduction

Northlandboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick note to say Hi.
I got into salt water aquariums while attending college 15 years ago for marine and aquatic biology. while I am not working in the field after graduating, the aquariums have always been around my house in various forms.

Just set up a new 75 gal tank with sump, and an very excited to learn about sumps and the expanded abilities they provide.

I'd like to eventually get into hard corals, but plan to limit myself to sponges, macro algae and bryos for the time being. I love inverts above all.

Glad I joined, this place has lots of great info and help!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
N

Northlandboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the salty side and welcome to the community! I look forward to seeing your new setup. Do you have any pics of your tanks from your college days? I'm sure your knowledge/schooling will be of great help here. :)
I will have to dig around to see if I do. that was back in the early digital camera days, and being an early adopter, I'm sure I've got some around. And I just realized that 2002 was 20 years ago, not 15. man time flies. I sound super old...

Sadly I feel like I have lost most of my college knowledge. I spent 2 months in Belize, off the coast of a small island called Keye Calker, for a coral reef class. it was awesome, diving twice a day and learning all the hard coral names and fish/inverts. But after 20 years, my brain has lost most of the knowledge in that area. So while I will try and chime in when I can, you guys are the experts!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to dig around to see if I do. that was back in the early digital camera days, and being an early adopter, I'm sure I've got some around. And I just realized that 2002 was 20 years ago, not 15. man time flies. I sound super old...

Sadly I feel like I have lost most of my college knowledge. I spent 2 months in Belize, off the coast of a small island called Keye Calker, for a coral reef class. it was awesome, diving twice a day and learning all the hard coral names and fish/inverts. But after 20 years, my brain has lost most of the knowledge in that area. So while I will try and chime in when I can, you guys are the experts!
Firstly, yes time flies. Haha. Secondly... Wow, what a great experience you had at school! I'm so jealous! You might find a lot of it comes back to you but you can always crack open those dusty books if you still have them for a refresher. :) I hope you can find those pics. That would be great. I think there is a thread on here call Throwback Thursday (or maybe it's Flashback Friday). Whatever it is yours would be a great addition to that. :)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef Welcome 2 Reef!
I also studied fishes many years ago and seems scrambled knowledge was mixed around over time. :)

But I still have the memories. I wish I had been to Reef School in Belize.

Back