unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems there are quite a few Minotians on here...
The 5 other other Minot reefers I've met so far are primarily on the Minot FB group ... I think it's just more convenient for them.

My wife is a Biology teacher at Central and we've got a little 16 gallon reef started in her room. That little tank is crawling with pods, it's completely ridiculous.

OP
OP
SLVRADO

SLVRADO

Dakota Reef Keepers Founder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe here in Minot, faculty at MSU. Been in the hobby for 30+ years, fish only (FOWLR and African cichlids) back to 1990 or so, and FW since I was like 5; into reefs for over 10. Current tank is linked in my sig - IM 25 lagoon currently undergoing a truly original re-scape.

Seems there are quite a few Minotians on here...
Welcome Joe! Your tank is roughly what I’m working with at the moment(Waterbox 20 cube). Although I’m working on a Waterbox Teef 220.6! Any coral, just fish?

Yeah there are a lot of folks from Minot, Bismarck, and Fargo on our Facebook group as well.

We are having a frag swap event in mid January. I will post the details soon hopefully. Welcome!

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Joe! Your tank is roughly what I’m working with at the moment(Waterbox 20 cube). Although I’m working on a Waterbox Teef 220.6! Any coral, just fish?

Yeah there are a lot of folks from Minot, Bismarck, and Fargo on our Facebook group as well.

We are having a frag swap event in mid January. I will post the details soon hopefully. Welcome!
This should answer. Immediate past aquascape - midway through a rescape.

IFF_8021.jpg

I wouldn't be going to Fargo - just too far to go. Ever think about a more central location - Bismarck, maybe?

OP
OP
SLVRADO

SLVRADO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should answer. Immediate past aquascape - midway through a rescape.

IFF_8021.jpg

I wouldn't be going to Fargo - just too far to go. Ever think about a more central location - Bismarck, maybe?
Most of the group members are based out of Fargo, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it! I’m trying to get traction in Fargo first though before venturing out more. I do make frequent trips to the cities and can get some pretty great deals. May be beneficial to pickup a bunch of needs and drive straight to Bismarck for a frag event one of these days.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am from Moorhead, have a 75 mixed reef ad 13.5 mixed reef and a 55 gallon grow out currently running.

OP
OP
SLVRADO

SLVRADO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am from Moorhead, have a 75 mixed reef ad 13.5 mixed reef and a 55 gallon grow out currently running.
Welcome to the group!

Is your grow out tank for selling or just for your display tanks? We do plan on having a frag swap January 29th! You should attend, you can find more details on our Facebook group of your interested. Be a great time to meet fellow hobbyists and sell/trade some corals!

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group!

Is your grow out tank for selling or just for your display tanks? We do plan on having a frag swap January 29th! You should attend, you can find more details on our Facebook group of your interested. Be a great time to meet fellow hobbyists and sell/trade some corals!
Grow out tank is going to be for selling, trading and extra room... Currently I only have 3 frags in it but I would be interested in the swap and could get more ready.
Is there going to be a thread on here to see if people are interested in frag-able coral so I can get it ready and give it at least a few weeks to heal?

JoKar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My name is Jon from Minot, ND. Just starting to get on R2R more after about 5 years in the hobby. Currently running a 72g bowfront mixed reef with marginal success and a 20g waterbox seahorse tank.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back