Introductory post

Fishouttawater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new here and to salt water fishkeeping.i have had freshwater tanks for most my life with a lull here and there as interests changed but been back at it full strength again for the last three since buying an oscar of all things and getting the spark back in the hobby.i have 13 tanks running fresh atm and that tends to annoy the other half water/power bills and when I spill water in the house lookout.and strangely enough she's what has brought me here.she asked if I could set up a salt tank for her and as any obliging fish need would do i bought a 3x2x2 tank and sump and cabinet that day before she changed her mind.that tanks been up and running a couple of months now.so far its got 50 or so pounds of rock 25 kg to be precise and a pair of clowns and a few soft corals a hammer and frogspawn. all doing well so far the frogspawn especially growing like a weed and parameters are staying relatively stable so far.its actually been fairly straight forward so far rather than the complex struggle I had built up in my head from reading to much.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You've joined a great community with lots of friendly folks willing to help when needed. We're glad you joined!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back