Invasive pocillopora damicornis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hiralaam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hiralaam

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Belgium
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Question, is this the dreaded invasive pocillopora damicornis?
I heard it's just the green ones, this one's labelled as a ''tricolor''

Thanks.

210206_215.jpg
 
Hello all,

Question, is this the dreaded invasive pocillopora damicornis?
I heard it's just the green ones, this one's labelled as a ''tricolor''

Thanks.

210206_215.jpg
IMHO its a tiny frag - so who knows. It looks nice - if that were growing throughout my tank I would be ok. The thing is - if it is the invasive one - they are easy to remove.
 
I don't know if there are different pocillopora, but I took down my last tank because I couldn't get rid of them. They were everywhere and it was a losing battle. Never again, like plating Monti, too fast and they take over.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new