"Invasive"?!?!

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh lord. I was warned by the seller. Oops. Wish me luck on this one. Make that two. There's two colonies in my 10 gallon tank.

Here's one:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Yep, that's them. Nice for a while but once they decide to take over there's only one way to get rid of them. Search for fluke tabs on here and you'll find a thread about getting rid of them. Fluke tabs will get rid of Xenia and GSP also.

DSP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a bulletin board on the internet, not sure why there needs to be an argument about the term.

To me, it is invasive.

Back surgery #6, a trip to the London Olympics, life and the girlfriend liking it, allowed this to happen. :)

65FTS2.jpg

058_zps584adea0.jpg
Proof that Xenia is invasive lol.Dont think anyone can argue its not after seeing this pic.i know many guys that have broken sps colony's from trying to kill Xenia that had grown around the sps.so yes Xenia can be very invasive exspeacily pulsing.Being in a tank for only a year without taking over doesnt mean its not invasive,it can take over at anytime and do it quickly

jkef2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kenya tree and xenia are wonderful.
To me invasive is something you don't want. I give away handfuls of both types of xenia, Kenya tree and as much macro as people want. These are pics of my 75, it's my overgrown tank with a few large anemones
I love your Kenya trees I am still very new to saltwater or I would get one.

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like my girlfriend hovering over me when I'm trying to concentrate? I want her in my life but not in my face...invasive?

By the way...is this thread a debate on the word invasive or is it suppose o be about corals that are perceived as invasive? I'm not even sure...but I subscribed so it keeps poppin up

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like my girlfriend hovering over me when I'm trying to concentrate? I want her in my life but not in my face...invasive?

By the way...is this thread a debate on the word invasive or is it suppose o be about corals that are perceived as invasive? I'm not even sure...but I subscribed so it keeps poppin up

Basically, this thread is the OPs way of continuing his efforts to create an atmosphere of being argumentative...

Rob in Puyallup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that's them. Nice for a while but once they decide to take over there's only one way to get rid of them. Search for fluke tabs on here and you'll find a thread about getting rid of them. Fluke tabs will get rid of Xenia and GSP also.

Found the thread, thanks... A bit worried that the treatment would kill so many critters that my rudimentary filtration system would get overwhelmed.

I don't have a sump or a skimmer on the tank. Just a small HOB and a half gallon refugium. Hummm...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea wow... yours even took over the halimeda.
That happened to a friend of mine.. He liked it because it grew fast and the lfs would give him in-store credit to buy other stuff... Well after a while his tank looked just like yours.

Beautiful Haddoni you got there.

Thanks, it is the last remaining of the 5 that I used to have.

Could you imagine a female clown in there? "HOST ALL THE THINGS!"

Ha, I am sure that a clown would love it. However, I have found that my dwarf angels ignore the S. haddoni when there isn't a clown being hosted by it. When there is a clown being hosted, they like to chase said clown, and end up becoming an expensive meal for the anemone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back