Invert Stocking

ZachHuffman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know when you have too many inverts? I'm planning a 20 gallon reef tank right now and I'm not sure how many inverts to put in there.
 
I don’t think there is a set number of inverts for a reef tank. Personally, I would start with a few snails for algae control and a couple nassarius snails for any leftover food. If you have inverts that are eating corals, dying without any parameter swings or heavily competing for food that is a good indicator that you have too many. A healthy ecosystem will balance out. If you have die off, it will more than likely cause an algae outbreak.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new