Inverts online.?

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got 99% of salt water fish ive ever owned from LiveAquaria and they all get to me relatively healthy and i have very great success getting them through qt.
i recently i made a fairly decent purchase of trochus snails and nessarious snails from them. i put all of them in a well established invert QT tank with sand, a tiny power head filter thing and a hob filter and heater...i believe i ordered 40 nessarious 20 troches and 5 cerrith. by the 14th day around half the nessarious were dead, 5-6 of the trochus were dead and a couple cerrith...fastforward about a month and basically 90% of them died. i fed them every day, i have an ammonia badge, i did water changes blah blah blah....
i did get them during a pretty decent sale and used the build your own pack option plus got refunded for everything that died in the first 14 days but im still out like 50-60 bucks or whatever..it put a bad taste in my mouth and im very skeptical on buying inverts from them again.
what websites have y'all had good experience with when it comes to inverts for a good price?
i have a coupe really good LFS around me but 2-3$ a snail adds up fast so im pretty much dead set on buying online......
thanks

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back