Ion Director delayed again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the info can be seen here:

This deserved a thread of it's own.
Reason:
Basically they have all the parts accept the ION Probes for the units. Lack of raw materials.

How long?
Therefore we are unfortunately forced to postpone the market launch until autumn 2020.

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s slightly more than that. They also managed to reduce the number of dosing pumps from 4 to 3. So they’re using the current delay on parts to ship a better product at the end of it, than if it were shipped today.

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you’re right. I had it in my head that the ability to put the sample water back into the tank was hinted or known before but maybe I’m wrong there.

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, for folks who preordered last year, do you get direct notifications from GHL or do you just rely on updates here on R2R?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually get emails from then because being subscribed to them. You can also read the post on GHL Facebook page also.

Last edited:

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually get emails from then because being subscribed to them. You can also read the post on GHL Facebook page also.

Thanks. Just wanted to check I want missed off of a distribution list of folks who’d paid upfront for the device.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Just wanted to check I want missed off of a distribution list of folks who’d paid upfront for the device.
I think if you ordered direct from GHL USA, you will get the notification cuz they have your email address. If you order through online retailer (like I did), you likely wont get update emails notifications from GHL... so i just subscribed through the link posted by @Gaël. Thanks!

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get a notification, but I don't have an ION on order.

But I'm fairly certain I'm subscribed to their news letter.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you ordered direct from GHL USA, you will get the notification cuz they have your email address. If you order through online retailer (like I did), you likely wont get update emails notifications from GHL... so i just subscribed through the link posted by @Gaël. Thanks!
Yea, no. I order direct from Vinny and got no Email so.. who knows. Either way it is what it is and I’m still waiting on the ION.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got no email and as I posted in the other thread I already ordered a Trident/ApexEL package with EB8 from Marine Depot today.

Yes I would prefer to have the Ion Director but a one year wait from the time of my full payment until delivery is absolutely insane! This is not a Kickstarter program and while I understand the Covid situation, a wait of this magnitude while they are fully paid up is just not for me.

BTW total extra expenditure for going Neptune was $96 and I get a controller, Temp and pH Probe for that extra $96 investment and it will be in my hands in five days. I am selling the EB8 that comes with the package so that is already written off the bill.

I will revisit the Ion Director when it is actually released and if I like what I am reading I will just flip the Neptune gear and buy an Ion Director when it is readily available and the bugs are worked out.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is disheartening. It's a long wait. I wonder how many people are going to pull out?

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If people pull out I wonder if there is an opt in to take their place? I didn't pre-order but would likely now if the discount was still offered. I have full confindence in GHL (they are not a start up) and they will deliver when they can.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If people pull out I wonder if there is an opt in to take their place? I didn't pre-order but would likely now if the discount was still offered. I have full confindence in GHL (they are not a start up) and they will deliver when they can.
That's opportunistic. Why didn't you pre order to begin with?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back