Iphone to Youtube Video Quality

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I am trying to setup a youtube and get some videos of my tank uploaded. However when I get the video uploaded the quality is horrible and you cant see a dang thing! I have gone into the app and selected the highest settings and still having issues.

Can anyone help. Shooting with an Iphone 8+.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I am trying to setup a youtube and get some videos of my tank uploaded. However when I get the video uploaded the quality is horrible and you cant see a dang thing! I have gone into the app and selected the highest settings and still having issues.

Can anyone help. Shooting with an Iphone 8+.
Are you editing before upload and what's showing for playback quality on YouTube? Ie 480, 720, 1080, 4k?

OP
OP
Geebs19

Geebs19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not editing before hand. My phone showed 280 when I played it, Ipad showed 480. and my smart tv idk what it was at but they were all super poor. Not sure how I can get a great video uploaded that looks just like my camera video for others to see.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not editing before hand. My phone showed 280 when I played it, Ipad showed 480. and my smart tv idk what it was at but they were all super poor. Not sure how I can get a great video uploaded that looks just like my camera video for others to see.
Ok, I just uploaded a 20 second video directly from my phone to YouTube and im seeing the same thing. Looking into it more, to see what we can do...

OP
OP
Geebs19

Geebs19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I just uploaded a 20 second video directly from my phone to YouTube and im seeing the same thing. Looking into it more, to see what we can do...
Thanks I appreciate it! I am trying to upload from google photos but seem to be having an issue with that.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I appreciate it! I am trying to upload from google photos but seem to be having an issue with that.
Ok, so in the YouTube app, I went to 'my' settings and selected Upload Quality > Original Quality. Actually, I followed this sites instructions.

https://www.adweek.com/digital/youtube-heres-how-to-upload-full-quality-videos/

After re-uploading the video, I noticed it was still low quality. After 10 minutes it changes to 1080p from the original video file. So, depending on the length of the video could react with the length of time before it ups in quality.

Hope that helps?

OP
OP
Geebs19

Geebs19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so in the YouTube app, I went to 'my' settings and selected Upload Quality > Original Quality. Actually, I followed this sites instructions.

https://www.adweek.com/digital/youtube-heres-how-to-upload-full-quality-videos/

After re-uploading the video, I noticed it was still low quality. After 10 minutes it changes to 1080p from the original video file. So, depending on the length of the video could react with the length of time before it ups in quality.

Hope that helps?
Thanks for checking that. I will have to try that.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explicitly change the quality and make the video play as 720/1080p?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back