Iridescent film for steves lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefjnky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefjnky

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
81
Reaction score
103
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the steves led upgrade for my 32g biocube but I didnt get the iridescent booster upgrade. Has anyone added any film to get the same effect? There are iridescent films sold that self stick but and in several colors.
 
I have the steves led upgrade for my 32g biocube but I didnt get the iridescent booster upgrade. Has anyone added any film to get the same effect? There are iridescent films sold that self stick but and in several colors.
This upgrade swaps out 4 of the Royal Blue LEDs with 4 Hyper Violet LEDs.

You sort of can't filter what you don't have.
Only way to shift the color would be at a massive loss of output.
See the "physics".
Note the royal blue would need a large part of it's output filtered to shift it's peak emission to close to 420..
vioroyal.JPG

A filter that would help..
roscopurp.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new