Is a HOB Refugium practical for a 30g?

ArsenalFish42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking into this idea as well. I will be using it on a 30L innovative marine fusion. Though I don’t have a deep enough space to have it based on my tanks location. Was looking into the small one, and locating it on the side of the tank. Thoughts?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was looking into this idea as well. I will be using it on a 30L innovative marine fusion. Though I don’t have a deep enough space to have it based on my tanks location. Was looking into the small one, and locating it on the side of the tank. Thoughts?
I'm going to try the same thing on a 3 gallon Cubey. What the heck? Small investment to experiment with, and if it fails, I've got a new gorilla crab jail.

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine set up for quite some time, and I must say, its more of a hassle than a benefit. My cheato grew well for awhile, but never seemed to flourish. This may be due to a subpar light (a cheap model from PetCo which said it can grow aquatic plants). Since then I have removed most of the cheato and have been using it as a place to hide my heater and filter material such as Phosguard, Carbon, etc.

If I were to do it all over again, I would not. Just my opinions.

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine set up for quite some time, and I must say, its more of a hassle than a benefit. My cheato grew well for awhile, but never seemed to flourish. This may be due to a subpar light (a cheap model from PetCo which said it can grow aquatic plants). Since then I have removed most of the cheato and have been using it as a place to hide my heater and filter material such as Phosguard, Carbon, etc.

If I were to do it all over again, I would not. Just my opinions.
Did u ever dose chaeto grow or any kind of iron?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back