Is a majestic and cream angle compatible?

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to determine if I made a mistake. I have a 4 inch cream angelfish which has been in the tank for about five months. I recently added a smaller majestic angelfish. The cream is picking on the majestic. Not intensively, but enough to keep the majestic against the side wall. It took the majestic 2 to 3 weeks to come out of hiding.

Should I give it more time, or return the majestic to the LFS?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say they will likely work it out, they are from different genus, the cream from the Apolemichthys and the majestic from the Pomacanthus. I have a similar combo with the majestic and the flagfin. I remember the flagfin acting a little tough at 1st and it surprised me, the majestic really paid him no mind. For the most part they are both way down on the list as far as aggression goes. Tank size will play a role, by your tag line it says 180g, if so that would be fine.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 2 should be fine. Introducing new fish via a social acclimation box often mitigates this kind of aggression.

OP
OP
BigHildy53

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Majestic angel was in an acclimation box for two days. I didn't see any aggression, that's why I was surprised by the cream angels actions after release.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back