Majestic and Blue Face Angle in same tank?

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got an about 3" Majestic Angle, is in QT currently with a Flame Back Angle. In the tank I plan for them both to go to I have 1 coral beauty (fully grown). I am thinking about adding a Blue Face or Blue Angle. Would that be possible or create too many problems between the two larger angles?

OP
OP
cdnco2004

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also has 4 Tangs, Naso, Purple, Lavender and PBT.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angels are hit and miss together. I have a regal and a french together. Regal did not like the french for a little but now they are fine. I might add all at once if possible since youve got a CB already cause when the larger angels get comfortable might be hard to add one after

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just got an about 3" Majestic Angle, is in QT currently with a Flame Back Angle. In the tank I plan for them both to go to I have 1 coral beauty (fully grown). I am thinking about adding a Blue Face or Blue Angle. Would that be possible or create too many problems between the two larger angles?
blue face may be a problem with majestic as my majestic did noy welcome other angels. Should do well with Atlantic blue though

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use an acclimation box in the tank for a while. When you notice the existing angel stops attacking the box. You should be good to go. Maybe put the box away from where your existing angel sleeps. I’ve had them together before. Feed good and you should be fine.

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a majestic and blue face together for close to 2 years now no issues at all they don’t even look at each other .. now I had a passer that refused to let the majestic eat and nipped his fins non stop so rehomed the passer .. majestic is smaller around 5 inches and blue face closer to 7

OP
OP
cdnco2004

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a Queen have the same chances as a blue? Kinda leaning to a Queen. The Queen and Blues body shape does seam to be different than the Coral Beauty and Majestic

OP
OP
cdnco2004

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr Reef lists they can have a Queen ready in 2 weeks. I was thinking I could ask for one the same size of my Coral Beauty and Majestic.

OP
OP
cdnco2004

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acclimation box is big enough that I can acclimate them together. I can add or remove dividers no make it 3 chambers. So I can put the Queen in one, Majestic in the next and Flame Back in the last for a week.

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a Queen have the same chances as a blue? Kinda leaning to a Queen. The Queen and Blues body shape does seam to be different than the Coral Beauty and Majestic
I have a queen blue face majestic yellow blue line a pair on imperators and a French all together with no issues only the passer was the bad mix .. I keep my tank crowded to keep aggression down and have a folwr tank .. my tangs are way more bossy than my angels but my angels are way more vocal ..

OP
OP
cdnco2004

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a queen blue face majestic yellow blue line a pair on imperators and a French all together with no issues only the passer was the bad mix .. I keep my tank crowded to keep aggression down and have a folwr tank .. my tangs are way more bossy than my angels but my angels are way more vocal ..
What do you mean by vocal?

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back