Is a sump needed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dt98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dt98

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2021
Messages
46
Reaction score
4
Location
london
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I’m looking to breed clownfish, I am going to get a 20 gallon tank and put a divider in the middle and have 2 pairs.
What equipment will I need in order to successfully do this? Is a sump required? What kind of filter is best for this type of approach?

thanks
 
Hi guys,

I’m looking to breed clownfish, I am going to get a 20 gallon tank and put a divider in the middle and have 2 pairs.
What equipment will I need in order to successfully do this? Is a sump required? What kind of filter is best for this type of approach?

thanks
Yeah, I bred clownfish, the water needs to be pretty clean and you need to feed heavily for the fry to be healthy. I would definitely have like a 30 gal sump with some biomedia, a skimmer, a refugium and an auto top off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new