Is an Octo Pulse 2 overkill for a 11 cube?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,701
Reaction score
2,304
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently running a Nero 3, which states a max flow of 2000gph. The Octo Pulse states 1600gph max flow.

I really like the fact that I can run the Octo Pulse on a Wave Engine and the fact that it can run backwards. It seems like I would be able to get some great movement out of it. It’s slightly bigger than the Nero 3, but not by much.
 
My immediate reaction is that it seems like overkill, but it depends on what you are keeping in the tank and what level of flow you are trying to maintain. Both pumps are very nice, it just depends what is right for you and your tank. Good luck with whatever you decide!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new