Is anyone else's blue tang terrified of nori lol?

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a blue tang that has recently become comfortable in the tank, she is exploring all over and stays out when I am in the room. the weird/funny part comes when i put nori on a clip in the tank - she INSTANTLY races into the rocks and wedges herself in a cave, i've seen her do it each time i've tried to put nori in the tank, she's terrified of it lol! does anyone else have tangs that are similarly silly?

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine loves it but she will even eat it out of my hand. She is afraid when all the lights are out in the room though, and her black stripe turns stark white.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Blue Tang would not use the Nori clip. I then got her the IM clip. It really promote proper grazing

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippos are def weirdos. Mine goes to the surface, gulps a mouthful of air, swims back down, releases the air in the form of bubbles and then chases and eats the bubbles. Like I said, weirdos.

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are sissy's when they are small juveniles. I have a tiny blue tang (1.75"). There are two other larger tangs in the tank plus a bunch of other fish. No one harasses him at all. The two other tangs come to visit him at times and swim near him, so do the wrasses and clowns. He insists on hanging near a flow pump. Because of this I have had to turn down the flow rate of the pump (argh!) or he will get stuck to it. He feels safe there so I have to feed there for him too. It will change, give him time. When they are babies they just act like, well, "babies".

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a blue tang that has recently become comfortable in the tank, she is exploring all over and stays out when I am in the room. the weird/funny part comes when i put nori on a clip in the tank - she INSTANTLY races into the rocks and wedges herself in a cave, i've seen her do it each time i've tried to put nori in the tank, she's terrified of it lol! does anyone else have tangs that are similarly silly?
I tried live bloodworms yrs ago per Paul B and my tangs ran away like little girls

OP
OP
sadrobotz

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE TO THIS THREAD: with the addition of a yellow tang my blue tang has now seemingly discovered a deep-seated hatred for the stuff, it absolutely destroys the sheet now lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back