LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been told its the same Shroom.
However I have my doubts.
CB orange does not throw same Bubble structure as Sunkist I have.
What came first.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully one of our mushroom enthusiasts can help. I'm afraid I don't know much about the IDs on these.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find anything on their site other than a Sunkist bounce do you have a picture ? Most of the pictures I’ve found look like Sunkist bounces with less bubbles

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find anything on their site other than a Sunkist bounce do you have a picture ? Most of the pictures I’ve found look like Sunkist bounces with less bubbles
Hey Oscar thats mainly the reason I question. You can do Google search and find older images of CB Orange. Here's my CB Orange showing less bubbles as you described.
20200803_143010.jpg

Here's a picture of the Sunkist I have with tons of bubbles.
20200803_142957.jpg

There are suttle differences in color in bubbles and cap.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Oscar thats mainly the reason I question. You can do Google search and find older images of CB Orange. Here's my CB Orange showing less bubbles as you described.
20200803_143010.jpg

20200803_142957.jpg

Right I mean I have a Sunkist as well, I’m not gonna say I’m 100% correct but it would depend on the lineage of the specimen... they both look the same to me with a few exceptions like the number of bubbles and the slightly darker color which could be attributed to it having morphed and it’s lineage... the bounces are mutations found in the rhodactis mushrooms from high exposure to radiation like UV, so cornbread could have gotten a Sunkist bounce that was not of the original strain and or had a rhodactis that was the same as the Sunkist but mutated slightly differently and slapped a new name on it... I would wait and see how it matures in your tank and If it keeps being that different I would consider them being different mushrooms imho, that’s how most stores do it...

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200803_143010.jpg

20200803_142957.jpg

Because also sometimes it takes a while for more bounce bubbles to emerge ! But awesome bounces my friend !

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because also sometimes it takes a while for more bounce bubbles to emerge ! But awesome bounces my friend !
For sure I believe you are correct. I think probably same shroom. Just a better version that mutated. Or possibly a frag that made tons of bubbles thats been fragged more. Still trying to wrap my head around it all.
All I can say is the Cb orange version has looked like this for 5-6 months and only gets bigger.

The Sunkist was a smaller frag that just pretty much threw all those bubble in last 5-6 weeks.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure I believe you are correct. I think probably same shroom. Just a better version that mutated. Or possibly a frag that made tons of bubbles thats been fragged more. Still trying to wrap my head around it all.
Yeah I mean maybe someone will come and give better knowledge but I think that’s what happened... but only time will tell !

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I mean maybe someone will come and give better knowledge but I think that’s what happened... but only time will tell !
For sure man. Everything I can find says frags should be identical clones taken from mother colony. Which I do believe these shrooms came from exact lineage.
I wonder why the SK version historically throws more bubbles and all the old CB orange pix i can find show barely any bouncing bubbles.
Maybe newer version of older lineage?
Maybe mutation of frag from original mother colony?
Better more happier frag grown under proper conditions and dragged out to what it is now.

Its very interesting!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back