Is cleaning filter socks in the washing machine safe?

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue ... is in my mechanical room.. the smell.. not sure if from the socks or not.. but i wash about ten at a time... i take the old ones off the drains and throw in a bucket every three days or so.. I use to put some bleach in the bucket but in the end i had to many splash issued and ruin some clothes...

reading on the posts here.. hydorgone peroxide.. no thinking about may some water and peroxide and might that work..

on another note.. i do notice that sometimes all the bleach does in the wash is make the dirt white... cleans the socks they look good.. but if i shake the socks hard i notice a bunch of dried dust.. well not dust but tank dirt remains...LOL..

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wash mine in the the wash machine, I take out the soap dispenser and rinse it off to get any soap or fabric softener residue off, then put about 1/2 cup bleach in the dispenser. I run on Sanitize with extra rinse cycle. Then they are pretty much dry after they come out of the washer from the spin cycles. I have seem no issues from that standpoint

Sppf121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep mine in a bucket. About once a month I will rinse them off. Then put them in the washing machine with bleach hot water and an extra rinse cycle. They come out almost dry. Always allow them completely air dry.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen a difference on the amount of dirt that the mesh removes or it not noticable at all?
There might be a slight difference but nothing drastic. One thing I noticed is I can leave the mesh on a day or two longer without having it overflow.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely safe for the tank, I wash mine with vinegar. However for your health and safety I recommend timing it for when your wife is out running errands :rolleyes:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back