Is epoxy resin reef safe?

StartingATank

Self-Diagnosed Coral Addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
2,351
Reaction score
1,745
Location
DFW Metroplex
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was wondering if epoxy resin is reef safe because I just started making it and it seems like a good material to use for frag racks or frags, is it reef safe?
 
Some epoxy resins are reef safe when they have been dried for 24 hours.
I have used and know that JB weld plastic weld is reef safe when it is dried for 24 hours.
 
Some epoxy resins are reef safe when they have been dried for 24 hours.
I have used and know that JB weld plastic weld is reef safe when it is dried for 24 hours.
I dry my epoxy for 72 hours, so hopefully it would be reef safe. Also one more question, would dye that you would use in it be reef safe or no. Does it depend on the dye?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new