Is everyone okay?

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is everyone okay in the Nashville area after the weather that came through? I just woke up and turned on the news and saw about the tornado.

CAMAKAZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our place took a direct hit. Thankfully everyone here is ok. But we probably wont have power for a month. My tank was full of insulation. Bailed it out new water in. I have a battery powered bubbler in now. I have another place i could take it but all our cars are very damaged. The worst part is probably need to carry it all 2 blocks as the roads here are covered with trees and powerlines.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our place took a direct hit. Thankfully everyone here is ok. But we probably wont have power for a month. My tank was full of insulation. Bailed it out new water in. I have a battery powered bubbler in now. I have another place i could take it but all our cars are very damaged. The worst part is probably need to carry it all 2 blocks as the roads here are covered with trees and powerlines.
If you need a home for things, I will drive up there after work and make the walk if needed. Just let me know.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh crap! So there isn’t any way to get a car to where you are?

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need anything let us know. I could help if needed. just seeing some of the pictures and videos since it is daylight. It looks pretty bad some places.

CAMAKAZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still unsure what to do. Yea you probably cant get a car within a few blocks

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still unsure what to do. Yea you probably cant get a car within a few blocks
I think between just a few of us in the reef club, we can help with your tanks and anything else you need. Just let us know. I also shot you a text.

CAMAKAZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like where gonna try take the whole setup to my cousins. They are trying to clear roads right now. Only 20 gallons so hopefully us 2 can get it. Main thing im worried about is the insulation. I bailed a lot out but looking earlier a lot is still in the tank. Poured a lot of prime in hope that will cover it. As of right now my fish an mantis still breathing.

JustinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like where gonna try take the whole setup to my cousins. They are trying to clear roads right now. Only 20 gallons so hopefully us 2 can get it. Main thing im worried about is the insulation. I bailed a lot out but looking earlier a lot is still in the tank. Poured a lot of prime in hope that will cover it. As of right now my fish an mantis still breathing.
What part of town are you in? I have water mixed up if you need some or even buckets and help?

CAMAKAZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all who offered to help. We got the tank moved. Hopefully critters will be ok.

20200303_132940.jpg 20200303_152045.jpg 20200303_131315.jpg

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got it moved. I’m sure the tank was just one of many problems yesterday. Glad you made it through okay. If you need anything don’t hesitate to post here. I cant imagine going through what a lot of people are going through right now.

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey red, a month? Where you at? I might be able to help with power.

OP
OP
rcmike

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you doing CAMAKAZY? We haven’t heard from you in a while.

CAMAKAZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We moved the tank day after. It got pretty cold that night but all i had was a battery air bubbler in. The tank had so much insulation in it. Long story short, the mantis wouldn't eat after the move. Lost him an my best corals. Very unsure about starting over.

RIP

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back