Is heavy feeding that “secret deterrent”

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have two desires: 1. To keep my Pygmy Angel that I’ve had for over a year now.
2. Soon purchase a Derasa Clam which Ive successfully had in the past.
Spending $150 on a new clam with the possibility of my newest tank member (my Pygmy Angel) nipping at it is a concern. Clams that get nipped on eventually die.
But, I feed my tank twice a day as I am the proud owner of my Copperbanded Butterfly fish (now 5 years old) and 2 Sun Burst Anthias ( 3 tears each) who need multiple daily feedings. The other fish in the tank benefit from this as they all enjoy eating as you know. Long story short: All of my fish are healthy looking….you know husky. My hope is that my Pygmy is satisfied enough with my feeding schedule that he would completely ignore the $150 Clam (presently the new clams future name) lol. Do you think that this over-feeding deterrent will be successful? What’s been your experience. Thanks much.
IMG_4146.jpeg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t work for me. Good for a year then one morning, closed up all day.

Lots of food for everyone. But he must have nipped and liked.

Once tasted, it expanded to 15 branching hammers.
Same with Fox Face.

Both have been removed.

Gamble.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have two desires: 1. To keep my Pygmy Angel that I’ve had for over a year now.
2. Soon purchase a Derasa Clam which Ive successfully had in the past.
Spending $150 on a new clam with the possibility of my newest tank member (my Pygmy Angel) nipping at it is a concern. Clams that get nipped on eventually die.
But, I feed my tank twice a day as I am the proud owner of my Copperbanded Butterfly fish (now 5 years old) and 2 Sun Burst Anthias ( 3 tears each) who need multiple daily feedings. The other fish in the tank benefit from this as they all enjoy eating as you know. Long story short: All of my fish are healthy looking….you know husky. My hope is that my Pygmy is satisfied enough with my feeding schedule that he would completely ignore the $150 Clam (presently the new clams future name) lol. Do you think that this over-feeding deterrent will be successful? What’s been your experience. Thanks much.
IMG_4146.jpeg
I had the same angel and had to remove it. No clams but I fed heavy and it still nipped/picked at corals all day. It was fine for several months then.
Like many angels they are hit and miss.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back