Is It a Grafted Euphyllia??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giek
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Giek

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
32
Reaction score
59
Location
Italy
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently acquired a single head of a -so it looks- grafted parancora.
Any thoughts about it? I read a little about the topic, but could only find examples of human made grafted torches.
This one does not seem to be glued together, the tissue and skeleton are a single piece, and I can spot some bicolour tentacles on the head.
Have you had one like this before? What can I expect from the new heads? I think the colony will split half and half, or probably it will grow only one colour, and just this head will be splitted.
ed5264f9-35fe-469e-863b-e543d81cfa88.jpg
00a20a24-3faf-48bd-9d60-e161fd417702.jpg
c31f0bb9-0a17-4768-8ad5-873b7a52b9f9.jpg
6d692483-2db8-4f8f-bd47-ee8e59417c77.jpg
74ad8f51-1f6b-421c-ad2a-35b6c142d2d8.jpg


P.S. I'll maybe post later some other pics when fully open. It has just now joined the main tank
 
Another type. One of them splitting to show you what to expect as it grows

73CA7824-9924-4CF1-A72C-79BD92DBBC22.png
458B4E8F-947A-4E0B-B206-C4945011DE9C.png
 
Cool! I didn't know they would keep growing bicolored heads.
I also think it's a Euphyllia parancora and not a glabrescens, but couldn't find examples of splitted hammers so I cited the torches (Didn't search enough 🙃😂)
 
That's pretty cool! Haven't seen those at my LFS, only online!
Me neither. I saw it few days ago at my LFS for the first time and gave it a go. It cost 40€, quite an honest price I think. Given also the price, I wasn't really expecting much, but if the new heads will keep growing like this one.. not bad😜
 
Cool! I didn't know they would keep growing bicolored heads.
I also think it's a Euphyllia parancora and not a glabrescens, but couldn't find examples of splitted hammers so I cited the torches (Didn't search enough 🙃😂)
Fimbriaphyllia* technically. Sometimes neighboring corals can exchange pigments, which is how these happen
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new