Naturally grafted kingspawn splitting

  • Thread starter Thread starter rowenaad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rowenaad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2021
Messages
361
Reaction score
200
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently picked up a kingspawn that’s naturally grafted mostly likely from spawns. Today i noticed its mouth split and where that happens make me think they will grow into two single coloured heads. Not that im going to do anything to it but just curious if anyone’s grafted euphyllia/fimbriaphyllia is able to pass down the grafted feature to new heads

Before:
IMG_8604.jpeg


Now:
IMG_8716.jpeg
 
No experience with Euphyllia but my Joker Anemone is a split from one of the Nexus Burst Anemones. It split on the green side only and unfortunately none of the new splits have regained any of the orange from the Nexus Burst coloration.

With Montipora, I've had some splits where the red side would start growing green patches though.
 
I have recently picked up a kingspawn that’s naturally grafted mostly likely from spawns. Today i noticed its mouth split and where that happens make me think they will grow into two single coloured heads. Not that im going to do anything to it but just curious if anyone’s grafted euphyllia/fimbriaphyllia is able to pass down the grafted feature to new heads

Before:
IMG_8604.jpeg


Now:
IMG_8716.jpeg
I have no experience with grafted frogspawn, but unfortunately its most likely to split to separate different colored heads rather being two colors of the same head, if it is chimeric however it may retain the grafted colors, still a really awesome frogspawn no matter how it turns out 😁
 
No experience with Euphyllia but my Joker Anemone is a split from one of the Nexus Burst Anemones. It split on the green side only and unfortunately none of the new splits have regained any of the orange from the Nexus Burst coloration.

With Montipora, I've had some splits where the red side would start growing green patches though.
I really wish nexus burst nems could regrow their orange parts, its pretty much inevitable to eventually end up with a nexus joker as the nem splits and loses more of the orange over time
 
I really wish nexus burst nems could regrow their orange parts, its pretty much inevitable to eventually end up with a nexus joker as the nem splits and loses more of the orange over time
In my case, I ended up with about 100 Nexus Jokers. 😂
 
I have no experience with grafted frogspawn, but unfortunately its most likely to split to separate different colored heads rather being two colors of the same head, if it is chimeric however it may retain the grafted colors, still a really awesome frogspawn no matter how it turns out 😁
Yea that’s what I’m expecting. Technically they were two spawns. But theres a few grafted tentacles, whoever claimed those are still somewhat “grafted” 😆
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new