is it heat pack time now?

Please define "small" hole. Thanks :bigsmile:
 
Well that's hilarious, since you are the two I'm shipping to LOL

Hmmm, dime size hole seems a bit large...I'll go pencil size.
 
Last edited:
Myself, I would not ship in a fully sealed styro box. As stated several times, the heat pack has to breath or it does not work. Consider what activates the heat pack, when its taken out of the plastic and exposed to oxygen.

Anyhow, I am still using heat packs no matter where I am shipping. Its been cold in the south. In Dallas, its in the 30's at night.
I use heat packs until its hiting about 75 during the day and at least 60 or so a night.
 
Myself, I would not ship in a fully sealed styro box. As stated several times, the heat pack has to breath or it does not work. Consider what activates the heat pack, when its taken out of the plastic and exposed to oxygen.

I understand that :) :). My question isn't how a heatpack works. My question is, if the heat from the heatpack can counteract the 32F or lower air coming into the package through the hole made for the heatpack. The amount of cold air coming into the package will obviously at some point negate the heat being produced by the heatpack. Hence my question as to the size of the hole :nerd:
 
Last edited:
Dont worry, the cold air wont go into the box as much as you think. If it had 2 holes it would be an issue but one is like opening a window in a room, if you open another window you make a cross breeze but only one and theres no breeze just a little air. Tape the heat pack right over the hole and air wont realy even enter the box. It will just allow the pack to heat up and stay hot. The heat pack itself will block the hole as well. If the pack cant breath it will stay hot for about an hour maybe 2 then stop working.
 
Ah, great explanation. Thanks! Will do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new