Is it just me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hatfielj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hatfielj

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
2,716
Reaction score
2,463
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry, but this seems absurd: https://worldwidecorals.com/xl-wwc-pink-cadillac-acropora-36125.html
And it's just one example. These are frags that should be selling for like 50 bucks. I don't mean to just pick on one company, but I think it's fair to point this out as an example. People need to quit paying these ridiculous prices for tiny frags. These corals aren't that rare. If we stop buying them at such inflated prices, the price will come down. Sorry, but I've seen prices creeping up for years and now I go online to look for a few small frags to fill my new tank and I find $700 1" sticks everywhere?? And they're not even looking good in the pics. What gives?

If you want an example of what prices should look like, here's an example: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2666567

He's selling large frags of actual rare, old school, beautiful stuff for very fair prices. You could literally get a whole frag pack of like 10 different pieces with free shipping for the same price you would pay for that one frag above. And his stuff is a lot nicer and rarer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new