Is it necessary to tumble macro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charley75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Charley75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
426
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started a refugium in my sump using red Pom Pom macro. Is it necessary to tumble this algae? If so…any tips to accomplish the tumble? Thx
 
No not required. I do give it a stir nightly to rearrange it though.
 
Just started a refugium in my sump using red Pom Pom macro. Is it necessary to tumble this algae? If so…any tips to accomplish the tumble? Thx
I think the turning is to get light to it . If you have enough light around it you’ll be fine , if not then you should turn it .
 
Last edited:
My cheato get dry up on top of not tumble
 
Back a few years ago it was all the rage to get a few handfuls of chaeto to tumble in the refugium. I think we all tried it, but found it grew and got to large to tumble.
I did notice in my case having extra flow ( small powerhead) in the refugium chamber allowed it to grow and dead spots seem to be eliminated.
Not sure if it applies to other macro's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new