Is it OK to have zero nitrates with Core7?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Tim Olson

Tim Olson

Love to Learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reducing the lighting in the refugium will allow NO3 to increase, but also PO4. Unless you add NO3 without adding PO4, you will stay in this unbalanced state.

I would recommend you start dosing NO3. Start slowly, and then gradually increase you NO3 dosing until you see PO4 start decreasing. At that point, I would keep your NO3 dosing where it is until your PO4 gets to a level of .1 or less. Keep an eye on your coral during this. If they look unhappy, pause for a week or two, and then continue once they look happy again.
Thanks again. That sounds like a good plan. I'll put the refugium lighting back where it was and start dosing NeoNitro at 0.1 ml/day vs. the 1-2 ml/day I was dosing before. Hopefully I'll stay the course and see some improvements :)

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim Olson and @IslandLifeReef that was a brilliant exchange. Each time a read a post I would think "oh, but what about.." and your next post would cover it. Or, I would think "well assuming that is true, then.." and one of you say the exact same in the next post.

We've obviously been reading a lot of the same stuff. Happy reefing!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back