Is it possible for my BTA to recover?

toxicdave45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a bleached BTA a little over a month ago and wanted to know if you guys think it will die or if not what I can do to help it recover. Over the past 2 weeks I’ve been dosing Seachem Zooplankton 2 days a week and have tried feeding it mysis every couple days but it looks completely different than when I first put it in the tank. It moved the first night in the tank but has stayed in its current spot since then.

This was it minutes after I put it in the tank
IMG_4594.jpeg

This is it today
IMG_0105.jpeg

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on my phone but that looks more like a peeved Ritteri than a BTA. Other than the colour it does not look unhealthy though. At least no obvious warning signs that it’s gonna die any second. Are you sure it’s getting enough light? Is it eating?

EasternShoreman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, doesnt look like a BTA, rather a Ritteri that is perhaps not pleased with the flow or lighting scenerio. What are your water perameters?

OP
OP
toxicdave45

toxicdave45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on my phone but that looks more like a peeved Ritteri than a BTA. Other than the colour it does not look unhealthy though. At least no obvious warning signs that it’s gonna die any second. Are you sure it’s getting enough light? Is it eating?
I have been using the acclimation mode on a 30 day timer starting at ~30% intensity with only a few days left on it. It usually eats but not every time.

OP
OP
toxicdave45

toxicdave45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another picture of it from 2 nights ago, it tends to get bigger at night

IMG_0106.png

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO just keep what you’re doing and feeding. More light should help since your “acclimation” protocol is almost complete. Big meaty feed should also help. It can take months for an anemone to get its colour back.

EasternShoreman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
params are decent, and the lights out pics honestly look like a pretty healthy nem to me. Give it some time, and know that it can take a WHILE for any change to be evident. Keep water params stable, feed heavy, and wait. If the nem takes issue with your lighting, it will typically relocate itself in the tank.and that will be a clue to back off on the lighting. Do you get a decent feeding response from it when fed?

OP
OP
toxicdave45

toxicdave45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
params are decent, and the lights out pics honestly look like a pretty healthy nem to me. Give it some time, and know that it can take a WHILE for any change to be evident. Keep water params stable, feed heavy, and wait. If the nem takes issue with your lighting, it will typically relocate itself in the tank.and that will be a clue to back off on the lighting. Do you get a decent feeding response from it when fed?
I haven’t seen a noticeable feeding response other than seeing its mouth open and coming back by the tank a few minutes later with the piece of mysis in its mouth

EasternShoreman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
give it time, try turning off all pumps and spot feeding a big meaty meal....see if it will take it. No worries if doesnt (remove if it wont feed).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back