My little BTA changing colors

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a little BTA when my tank was about a month old not knowing that I needed to wait for the tank to settle in. It moved around then settled on the back of my rock where I couldn’t really see it. It split about a month after that and one part stayed at the back but died a few week later and the other half moved to the front and anchored in a hole in the rock where it has stayed put. The coloring on it was an ugly tan color with not much color on the tips.

During the past two weeks I’ve noticed it seems to be turning an olive green and the past two days it has been beautiful with a turquoise green tone and the tips are a pretty pink. I’m pretty chuffed about this and feel pretty good that so far I’ve kept it alive so far.

My question is does this happen often and what is this coloration referred to? I have a small tank and in the future I might sell or trade if it splits again.

The pictures below show it at the end of January before it turned green and today after I turned on the lights this morning. The lights look blue but it was actually a mix of blue/white. All photos shot through a yellow lense.

IMG_2002.jpeg IMG_2723.jpeg IMG_2725.jpeg IMG_2722.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a rainbow that's getting its color back.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I purchased a little BTA when my tank was about a month old not knowing that I needed to wait for the tank to settle in. It moved around then settled on the back of my rock where I couldn’t really see it. It split about a month after that and one part stayed at the back but died a few week later and the other half moved to the front and anchored in a hole in the rock where it has stayed put. The coloring on it was an ugly tan color with not much color on the tips.

During the past two weeks I’ve noticed it seems to be turning an olive green and the past two days it has been beautiful with a turquoise green tone and the tips are a pretty pink. I’m pretty chuffed about this and feel pretty good that so far I’ve kept it alive so far.

My question is does this happen often and what is this coloration referred to? I have a small tank and in the future I might sell or trade if it splits again.

The pictures below show it at the end of January before it turned green and today after I turned on the lights this morning. The lights look blue but it was actually a mix of blue/white. All photos shot through a yellow lense.

IMG_2002.jpeg IMG_2723.jpeg IMG_2725.jpeg IMG_2722.jpeg
Will vary based on light, feeding and changes in chemistry

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back