is it safe to rearange my live rock

bigbill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just want to know if it was safe to rearange my live rock when i set it up dident realy think about good coral placement

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will stir up some dietrus and may see a spike in nitrates but you can always run some carbon and suck it right out.I would do it right before a water change:)What do you currently have in the tank?

OP
OP
bigbill

bigbill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2 green Chromis and a yellowwatchmen tank is only 8 weeks old does that matter ?

Antonias1391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just shifted some of my rock around in my 75 sps dom about 5 days ago and nobody got ****** so id say your safe :xd:

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be no problem, I've rearranged rocks many of times. you'll create a sandstorm, so keep track of your corals so you don't lose any because they may be hard to find in the cloud.

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With only a little bit of rock I wouldnt worry. In a bigger tank I wouldnt I have a 125 with probaby 275 pds of rock and I dont touch the foundation rocks once in a while maybe a easy to get one on the top. But My readings have all been 0 for a very long time and dont want to shock anything

tate1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I re-did all of the rockwork in my 265 several times until I got the look I wanted. However, it did stress the fish and made some of the coral unhappy. I would just try to keep it to a minimum.

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For awhile in the beginning, I was frequently rearranging my rocks in our 90g. It was never anything too drastic, but I could stop tweaking the arrangement. I would blast the rocks with a powerhead or turkey baster to stir up any detritus, then suck it out. Altering the rock work became a good excuse for doing water changes. I didn't have any problems, but I also had very few fish and only soft corals. None of them seemed to mind at all.

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depedns on size of tank but just be careful not to stir up the sand too much. I just took down my whole reef into large rubber made containers to catch a **** lemon peel... Re-stacked everything and nothing skipped a beat. I have tons of corals and fish.

Back