Is it worth ordering $500 worth of fish from Dr. Reef for free shipping?

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also *kinda* want a copperband just because that's about the only type of butterfly I like the look of and I have a minor aiptasia plague... but that's way outta my league.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Slocke Do you think the care requirements of a banded snake eel are closer to a ribbon eel or a snowflake eel? They turned out to be pretty cheap on dr. reef... and they stated they are medicated beforehand. If they're similar to a snowflake or zebra it may make a good alternative. I'm mostly worried about it ambushing my dascyllus melanurus.
Ribbon. Can be a pain to get eating though east after that

OP
OP
A

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ribbon. Can be a pain to get eating though east after that
dang, sticking to zebra or snowflake then. I’ve heard enough about ribbons to know my place.
Do you have any answers to this thread’s question? Still trying to decide if it’s worth it…

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they really quarantine their fish? I never ordered fork them because I thought it was fake but idk.

Use your favorite search engine to get some factual feedback. Both good and bad. Then make a decision from there.

OP - I will say that generally it is safe to add to orders to buffer the shipping burden. Just know up front that shipping for small businesses isn't cheap. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes that we don't see. Cost is going to be spread around somehow because they are not the two ton heavy thing (online retailers) who are either subsidized or have volume. My point is that if there is something there then you have to make a decision on if it is worth the added shipping. Or if it is safe to add more to fall into the free category.

Only you can really make that call. You know your display, health of it, what is available for use and above all the current occupants. Isolation box please - that is your friend regardless of your purchase.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back