Is mushroom farming profitable?

vimarys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very curious if anyone has had any luck with selling mushrooms. If so I would love to hear about it! Seems like a very fun and fulfilling way to make money.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very curious if anyone has had any luck with selling mushrooms. If so I would love to hear about it! Seems like a very fun and fulfilling way to make money.
You can. It probably won’t make you rich unless your selling “bounce” mushrooms.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what kind and how much? Everyone selling blue and red discoma's and forest forest rhadactis and florida rics.

I see a lot of bounce mushrooms, but folks still want $80+.....

I would love to see some nicer mushrooms available, but personally, I will only buy if its half the price of LFS. People get mad at me but I don't care, if its close to LFS price I will buy from LFS.

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what kind and how much? Everyone selling blue and red discoma's and forest forest rhadactis and florida rics.

I see a lot of bounce mushrooms, but folks still want $80+.....

I would love to see some nicer mushrooms available, but personally, I will only buy if its half the price of LFS. People get mad at me but I don't care, if its close to LFS price I will buy from LFS.
I hear ya.
I love me some hobbyist deals & trading, but...
I gotta support my LFS too, they are the foundation of our hobby.

m3xm3xm3x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been in this hobby? How mature is your tank? Most people in this hobby I talk to saying reef tank is an endless money pit. For some they are selling corals the hope is to recoup some money to buy more expensive equipment or corals. So in that sense it’s still adding to the money pit. If you are in this hobby because you enjoy growing corals is one thing but if you are starting a mushroom farm just for profit I’m not sure if that’s a good idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back