Is my Acan Dying?

Reef Mamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday All, I have had no luck with Acans, first one was eaten by a so called peppermint shrimp ( later id as a camel). Decided to give it another try as I love these beauties. Started off with placement on the bed and was doing great, then gradually moved up to my live rock (still on plug) still doing great. decided to permanently affix to rock since clean up crew kept shifting, now about a week later I noticed one polyp seems to be dying?? Trying to identify if that polyp still has signs of life and if there is anything I can do. All others are doing great including, zoa garden, candy canes, torch and mushrooms.. Any help greatly appreciated ..

PH 7.8
Amm 0.0
Nitrite 0.0
Nitrate 0.0
Calcium 440-450
Salinity 1.025

weekly target feeding and bi weekly phyto feast & Aminos

Acan 2.jpg Acan .jpg IMG_4089.jpg

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if its the cause but your water is really clean. They like slightly dirtier water for one, bump those nitrates up. Also if it receded in its new spot it probably doesn't like the light or flow. Try moving it back to the spots where it was happier. How old is the tank?

OP
OP
R

Reef Mamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if its the cause but your water is really clean. They like slightly dirtier water for one, bump those nitrates up. Also if it receded in its new spot it probably doesn't like the light or flow. Try moving it back to the spots where it was happier. How old is the tank?
Having issues with that as tank is somewhat fallow after an ick outbreak as well as cyano outbreak-
:( That's what we get for going on vacation.. ahhh. Going to try relocating to previous spot to see if improves.. thanks

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates 0?
That’s not a good number.
They need trace nutrients or they starve.
Nitrate should be in the 2-5ppm range and phosphate at 0.03-.1ppm range.

I don’t see your Alk number, that’s an important one.

Ulee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was gonna say u might wanna leave some nutrients in there , acans do well with some nitrates and a little phosphate..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back