Is my Aggressive Clown fish killing other fish

amdp9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My second post but learning and sorry for few dumb questions again.
My tank(32gal Bio Cube) is about 8 weeks, perimeters are on place. During week 3, I initially bought two clowns and one royal Gamma. One of the clown died very next day. I thought he was stressed and died.
Then I start to notice that whenever ever I go move any rock work Clown comes and bite my hand. In few days Royal gamma went missing and found out that he died as well. I asked around the local shops they recommended me to but Anemone which will help clown. I bought a green bubble tip and Condy anemone. Later found out that he has the same behavior. Went back to the local they recommended me to add another small size clown than him. He is settled and didn’t do any harm to the other clown fish.
I let the things be as it is. Few days ago, I added two firefishes. I noticed same clown was harassing one of them as soon as he went in to the tank. And that firefishdied the next day. Next day I start to noticed that he start to harass the other fire fish and today he died as well.
I don’t know what to do, I rechecked my perimeters they seem normal where they should be.
Please help and recommend what to do? Should I ever add another fish to the tank if so which one.
In Tank
Two clowns
Pistol & Goby paired
Horse shoe crab
3 snails
1 emerald Crab
star & urchin
3 bubble tip (Condy/Green/ Rainbow)

Perimeters
PH 8.0
Ammonia 0PPM
Nitrite 0 PPm
Nitrates in between 0-5.0PPm

IMG_7915.jpeg IMG_7833.jpeg IMG_7798.jpeg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are territorial, some more than others, and can claim an entire 32 cube if there are no competitors.

Your hand is “competition” so biting you is very normal.

The firefish is very meak in personality and easily bullied.

I doubt your doing anything wrong but maybe the next addition is one with some attitude to put the clown in its place.

General rule is most agreesive in last.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are territorial, some more than others, and can claim an entire 32 cube if there are no competitors.

Your hand is “competition” so biting you is very normal.

The firefish is very meak in personality and easily bullied.

I doubt your doing anything wrong but maybe the next addition is one with some attitude to put the clown in its place.

General rule is most agreesive in last.
My second post but learning and sorry for few dumb questions again.
My tank(32gal Bio Cube) is about 8 weeks, perimeters are on place. During week 3, I initially bought two clowns and one royal Gamma. One of the clown died very next day. I thought he was stressed and died.
Then I start to notice that whenever ever I go move any rock work Clown comes and bite my hand. In few days Royal gamma went missing and found out that he died as well. I asked around the local shops they recommended me to but Anemone which will help clown. I bought a green bubble tip and Condy anemone. Later found out that he has the same behavior. Went back to the local they recommended me to add another small size clown than him. He is settled and didn’t do any harm to the other clown fish.
I let the things be as it is. Few days ago, I added two firefishes. I noticed same clown was harassing one of them as soon as he went in to the tank. And that firefishdied the next day. Next day I start to noticed that he start to harass the other fire fish and today he died as well.
I don’t know what to do, I rechecked my perimeters they seem normal where they should be.
Please help and recommend what to do? Should I ever add another fish to the tank if so which one.
In Tank
Two clowns
Pistol & Goby paired
Horse shoe crab
3 snails
1 emerald Crab
star & urchin
3 bubble tip (Condy/Green/ Rainbow)

Perimeters
PH 8.0
Ammonia 0PPM
Nitrite 0 PPm
Nitrates in between 0-5.0PPm

IMG_7915.jpeg IMG_7833.jpeg IMG_7798.jpeg
I agree. Watch out when they spawn. With this agression it's only going to get worse when they spawn.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back